Annual Program Assessment Reports
WSU undergraduate degree programs report annually on program-level assessment, submitting a report to ATL. Assessment allows programs to examine matters of vital interest, including curriculum design, instructional effectiveness, and student development. Assessment results can provide information to guide decisions that faculty and administration regularly make to continually improve their programs and courses.
Support for Assessment Reporting
ATL provides an undergraduate assessment report form and offers report workshops and other support to programs, see Writing your Program Report for more information. ATL can:
- Help answer FAQs About Assessment Reporting
- Meet with college assessment committees and programs to plan assessment
- Provide resources and samples to help assessment coordinators complete the report
- Provide annual assessment report writing workshops to support assessment coordinators in completing their annual assessment report
Reporting annually on program assessment furthers several goals:
- Helps programs document their assessment activities and processes; may assist in identifying needs and next steps.
- Serves as an institutional inventory, providing a snapshot of current assessment activities within colleges and institution-wide.
- Contributes to WSU’s regional accreditation requirements under the Northwest Commission for Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Helps respond to recommendations.
Program Assessment Report Summaries
- WSU: Information from annual program assessment reports are compiled to provide summaries of undergraduate program assessment at WSU. This information is shared with WSU leadership, helps inform WSU-wide goals and helps ATL prioritize where support is needed.
- Colleges: Results are compiled for each college to provide a snapshot of assessment in the college and shared for discussion with college leadership.