Assignment Design Resources
Integrative Learning Assignments
One of the most important challenges in undergraduate education today is providing students with opportunities to connect and integrate the various elements of their learning. This means making connections across courses, between general education and the major, and between academic coursework and work, citizenship, and personal life.
- AAC&U / Carnegie Statement on Integrative Learning
- AAC&U Integrative and Applied VALUE Rubric
- Assessing Integrative Learning webpage — excellent list of resources from the Washington Center at The Evergreen State College
- Bean, J. C. (2011). Engaging ideas: The professor’s guide to integrative writing, critical thinking and active learning in the classroom. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Huber, M. T. & Hutchings, P. (2004). Integrative learning: Mapping the terrain. Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U).